Moderators are users trusted by the community and chosen by the bureaucrats to moderate specific parts of the community. There are two types of moderators; Content Moderators and Discussions Moderators. Some users may have both rights.
Content Moderators have their names in blue, and discussions moderators have their name in green.
Content Moderators are users who have additional tools available to moderate wiki articles and pages. These tools are:
- Editing and moving fully protected pages
- Deleting and undeleting pages and files
- Editing and moving protected files
- Moving files
- Protecting and unprotecting pages
Discussions Moderators (also known as "Thread Moderators") are users who have additional tools available to manage conversations in various features across the community where users are having discussions. These tools are:
- Removing and restoring threads and replies by any user
- Closing and reopening replies
- Manage discussions categories, and move posts from one category to another
- Deleting blog comments
- Editing and deleting article comments
There are no moderators at the moment, contact a bureaucrat to apply!
Becoming a Moderator
In order to become a moderator of either type, you must be a helpful and active member of that part of the community. But for content moderators, you must also be a Patroller beforehand. If you fit the criteria and the bureaucrat team agrees, you may be invited to join the moderator team. Don't ask for rights, the bureaucrats will come to people they choose instead.